Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dimarco and Supplements


With the help and guidance of Dr. Gannage(DAN) of Markham (300 Main St. N. 905-294-2335), we've come up with a good medium of vitamins and supplements for Dimarco. Currently he is on a GF diet. 10mg Zinc, 25mcg Selenium, 100mg Vit C, 100mg Taurine, 150mg TMG, 75mg/5ml B6 in Methocel 2x/day. 800mcg/ml Methylcobalamin in Emu oil, 300mg/ml Glutathione in VC Base, these are both topical creams that I apply once a day. He is also taking cod liver oil, colostrum, a digestive aid enzyme called M5+, probiotics, Calcium, Magnesium and Vit. D. We had urine analysis done and results showed high levels of Mercury, arsenic and lead. I have a couple different chelators but I'm still a bit hesitant to use them.
In my opinion ABA is the therapy responsible for the majority of Dimarcos success. I would not trade his ABA for any of the supplements I've mentioned above! I use them to support his health and well being and would never replace ABA for any biomedical intervention.

2 comments:

  1. I have given my 8 year old autistic daughter many of the supplements you mention. The most difficult part is getting them into her...there are so many and she doesn't like to eat. How does your son take his?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been fortunate enough to get most of his supplements in a suspension liquid compounded together by a specialized compound pharmacy. (SMITH'S PHARMACY, 3463 YOUNGE ST. TORONTO, 1-800-361-6624 with a subscription written by Dr. Gannage 905-294-2335) He will just take them orally (5ML of the liquid, with a small measuring lid or syringe and a sip of apple juice or water afterwards) as a reward, he gets a gummy which is really a multi vitamin in the shape of his favourite car movie characters. The suspension compounded formula eliminates the need for 6 different separate tablets. The glut. and Vit. B, I got at the compound pharmacy as a cream and I just have him rub it on his legs. Colostrum, cod liver oil, cal and mag. and probiotics I mix in with yogurt.

    ReplyDelete