Saturday, March 14, 2009

A little calculation

Just an interesting thing I was doing last night. I couldn't sleep last night (as usual), so i decided to calculate the number of waking hours I see my husband in a week. 15 1/2 hours a week (not including sleep time) that i see my husband. Of these 15 1/2 hours, we are present in the same house most likely getting things done with the kids, house work, home work, paying bills, talking about bills or eating. 15 1/2 hours a week??? Wow, I wonder if this is typical of other families. Perhaps, could be a factor in the unbelievable 80% divorce rate in families of autistic children. It would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between the # of hours parents spend together (just being present or engaged) and the number of divorces.

No comments:

Post a Comment